First, find the Blacksmith icon at the bottom of the main interface, and click it to open the Blacksmith panel.
Here you’ll find seven tabs, each allowing you to empower your gear in a different way.
1. Forge – this directly boosts the stat bonuses provided by a piece of gear. It costs only gold and easily available materials. Offers a great bang for the buck.
2. Upgrade – this multiplies the basic stats and the stat bonuses of a piece of gear. You’ll need Upgrade Stones.
3. Gems – socket different gems to get different stat bonuses.
4. Imbue - this gives new stat bonuses to a piece of gear. You can get materials easily by recycling other gears.
5. Enchant – this unlocks powerful special attack effects (e.g. daze, HP drain). Once unlocked, they’ll always be there, even if you switch to better gears. You’ll need to get your hands on Enchantment Manuals though.
6. Craft – nothing feels better than crafting your very own gear! Explore and hunt around Aeos for blueprints and materials.
7. Recycle – got piles of gear that you don’t need but can’t auction away? How about converting them all into materials?
Master blacksmithing, and the power is yours!